Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fresh new pillow shams for my bed

Guest post written by Michelle Parsons



I've had my bedding for a few years now and I'm still loving it. But, the thing is that the pillow shams that came with it are pretty awful because they're just faded and worn looking. I'm a little confused as to why the comforter itself doesn't look like that, so I decided to just make some new pillow shams instead of finding a whole new bedding set.



I have a sewing machine but I barely ever use it. I thought that this would be a good excuse to actually put it to use and get my money's worth out of it. So I found some pretty easy patterns and directions online with my GETCLEARWIRELESSINTERNET that I'm working on putting together.



I took one of my old pillow shams to the crafts and fabrics store and found a few different fabrics that are solid and the same colors as some of the floral details from my bedding. I thought that having those different colors would definitely be more visually interesting. I just hope it doesn't end up looking like an obvious home ec class project.

No comments: